Arranging Your Visit
To arrange a field trip to our Waimea headquarters, or a classroom visit by one of our astronomers, scientists or engineers, please fill out this form:
- We cannot accommodate visits of more than 30 students. For those groups, we can arrange to visit your facility.
- We need at least 3 weeks notice to schedule visits.
We’ll ask you for the following information:
- Your name and contact information (mailing address, email address, office phone, cell phone).
- The name of your school or group (e.g., scouts, 4-H, homeschool group, etc.).
- The street address of your school.
- The grade level (or ages) of your students.
- The number of students who will attend the event.
- Whether your students will be (or have completed) a unit on space and/or astronomy.
- The number of teachers, parents, and other chaperones who will accompany the students.
- Your classroom schedule: start time, recess, lunch, end time. Please indicate the best time for the visit.
The type of activity you’re interesting in arranging:
- Field trip to Keck headquarters in Waimea
- Visit to your class by a Keck outreach leader
- Nighttime star party at your school
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT SUMMIT TOURS
Due to the heath hazards of high altitude, as well as other safety, operational and liability concerns, we are unable to accomodate summit tours of students less than 16 years of age. We also cannot accomodate tour groups of any kind that exceed a total of 12 individuals. Additionally, all tours must provide their own 4WD transportation to the summit. All tour requests must be made at least one month in advance in order to guarantee that adequate staff are available to handle any health-related emergencies that might arise.